Open Studio - Art and CraftExpand your creative practice and network.
Cost:$15.00 – $40.00 per person
Duration:3h 30min – 6h
About this experience
Book multiple dates and receive a discount!
This applies to $40 and $35 sessions only.
Book 5 and use openstudio5 for 5% off
Book 10 and use openstudio10 for 10% off
Want to get your craft on but don't have the space or facilities at home? Or maybe you are studying art at school or Uni and would like the space and facilities to work on your projects.
Sew a garment, screen print, paint, sit and knit and more! Whatever your craft, we'd love to have you join us in the studio.
Join us in the studio, open from 10-4 Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Monday and Tuesday evenings 5 -8:30 pm, and create as much as you like. Please allow yourself adequate time to get set up and work on your projects and enough time to pack up by closing time. The latest arrival time is two hours before closing time.
Please note that Open Studio sessions are solely for independent practice only. We kindly ask that there be no teaching or instructional activities during these sessions. Our aim is to offer a focused environment for each participant to explore their creativity and improve their skills through hands-on experience. Those needing instruction can book into one of our many workshops.
As a multi-craft studio, we have lots of space and a range of facilities included in the price:
- 8 pottery wheels
- Cutting mats and knives
- Wash out the sink with a pressure washer
- Kitchenette access
- 6m Textile print bench
- Large clean workbench area
- Clay slab roller
- Large clay extruder
- Basic pottery tools
- Screen printing squeegees
- Coating troughs
- Iron and ironing board
- Heat press
- Photography lights
- Induction stoves
- General equipment (bowls, buckets, pots, large spoons, etc.)
- Hair dryers
- Library of books
- And more!
Additional charges apply for the use of some equipment and materials:
- Screen Exposure unit (DIY or prepared for you)
- Printers (A4 Inkjet, A3 Inkjet, A4 Laser)
- and more!
Any additional costs will be recorded by staff and charged for at the end of your session.
If you require the use of equipment such as a pottery wheel or screen exposure, please add a note when booking your session.
Terms & Conditions
- We do not offer teaching/assistance during Open Studio time but are happy to chat and answer questions when possible.
- The staff must note any additional items you use for payment at the end of your day in the studio.
- All materials and tools must be purchased, hired or self-provided.
- You MUST clean all equipment thoroughly after use.
- Please take care when using our equipment and tools. Breakages will incur a cost.
- Wear appropriate clothing and closed-toe shoes. Aprons are available.
- Do not leave your valuables unattended. We cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen goods.
- Please ensure you clean up before closing time (4 pm).
- No clay (or similar materials) down the sink!
- Please be aware that the studio is busy with staff working around you.
- Be respectful of others working in the studio and their work. Minimise noise, take phone calls outside and listen to music with headphones.
WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. PLEASE READ OUR Cancellation & Refund Policy. BY BOOKING A WORKSHOP, YOU AGREE TO THESE POLICIES.