Terms & Conditions
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
Cancelling your spot in a workshop
- Bookings are final. Please double-check the date of the workshop before booking; cancellations will result in a forfeit of payment. Bookings are strictly not transferable to other dates except in the event of a lockdown.
- In the event of a lockdown, workshops will be postponed to a later date. They will run once we can do so safely and adhere to any restrictions in place. By booking a workshop during the Covid-19 pandemic, you accept that this is a possibility and will not receive a refund.
- If you cannot attend a workshop, you may offer your spot to a friend, and we will transfer the booking into their name, but you must arrange any money transfer between yourself and your friend.
- Non-attendance under any circumstances forfeits the fee paid and is non-transferable.
- A class requires a minimum number of attendants to go ahead. Your cancellation may mean the class cannot go ahead, causing other participants to miss out and a teacher to be cancelled at the last minute, leaving the teacher and us out of pocket.
If we cancel a workshop
- All classes require a minimum number of bookings to go ahead. Minimum numbers vary from class to class. Classes that do not have the required minimum will be cancelled.
- We aim to notify participants 48 hours before the start of the workshop. Participants will be offered the choice of having their spot transferred to the next available class, a credit to be used towards another class or a full refund.
- If a teacher cannot attend a class due to illness or other extreme circumstances, we will postpone the class to a later date and inform you as early as possible.
- We can not be held liable for any travel or other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- We do our best to ensure classes go ahead.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GROUP AND REMOTE WORKSHOPS
By booking a remote workshop with Handmaker’s Factory, you agree to the following terms, which automatically enter into the contract between us. Failure to comply with these terms may result in a non-refundable cancellation.
To be emailed to email@example.com
When booking a workshop with Handmaker's Factory, please provide us with the following information in your initial email:
- The number of participants. You may request to add extra participants to the workshop, which will incur an additional cost. However, once booked, you may not request a partial refund if the number of participants decreases. The exact number must be reconfirmed seven days before the workshop so we have our materials organised. It is doubtful that we will be able to admit extra participants on the day, and we reserve the right to refuse people.
- The date and time. Once your booking is confirmed, this cannot be changed (see general T & C's for further info).
- Location, including information about the specific room.
- Access Requirements. We must be aware of parking, elevators, stairs and security doors.
Please note your obligations:
- Workshops must be held indoors.
- Workshops must be held in a suitable room, not in a thoroughfare, e.g. a hallway or vestibule.
- Your venue must have adequate lighting, heating/cooling and ventilation.
- The organiser or venue must provide and set up tables and chairs. Our workshop facilitators are not responsible for the set-up and pack-down of a venue.
- If your venue is carpeted, please provide tarps and tablecloths. Our workshop facilitators are not responsible for the set-up and pack-down of these items.
- The workshop must begin at the specified time. You may incur an additional fee if the workshop runs overtime due to circumstances beyond the facilitator’s control.
- The organiser is responsible for providing accurate parking directions and directions to the venue space. You may incur an additional fee if you do not give these directions and we are delayed.
- Please ensure that you or a team member are available to escort us from the parking space to the venue. This is particularly important in a venue where keys or keycards are required.
- For more extensive workshops, we request that, where possible, you provide additional trolleys. If unsure, please discuss this with our helpful staff.
- As the organising party, you are responsible for the behaviour of your team and the workshop participants. Any threats to the workshop facilitator’s safety by the organiser or a participant will result in an immediate non-refundable cancellation.
- Workshop facilitators must have access to a power outlet.
- Workshop facilitators must have access to a sink and running water.
- Workshop facilitators must have access to a restroom.
Liability and Disclaimer:
- If a workshop participant damages any Handmaker’s Factory equipment, the organiser is responsible for that financial loss and must reimburse Handmaker’s Factory.
- We reserve the right to film or photograph workshops for promotional purposes. If any workshop participant does not consent to this, we will gladly exclude them from the footage.
- You may not photograph or video the workshop without our explicit consent.
- By accepting our terms & conditions, you agree that we are not responsible for any theft or injury that may occur at our premises or in our workshops.
- You agree that you will not replicate, reproduce or distribute any element of a workshop in part or in full, including photographs taken during the workshop.
- Handmaker's Factory is committed to protecting your privacy. Your details will not be shared with a third party per the Data Protection Act 1998.
POSTAGE OF KITS
Please ensure that you select the correct postage for your kit purchase. We would LOVE to ship your products free of charge, but unfortunately, Australia Post and courier services are not free services. As a small business, we cannot absorb the costs, and we appreciate your understanding and support for small businesses.
Gift vouchers: (1) expire one year from the time of purchase; (2) are not redeemable for cash.
We often take photographs during our workshops to record and share the beautiful creations made. Our photos often contain your hands while you work but may also show your face. Please let us know before the workshop begins if you do not consent to have your photograph taken and shared on our social media platforms and website.
© 2012-2022 Handmaker's Factory. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated.
All workshops and designs used in our workshops remain the property of the original designer, the teacher. While our teachers are happy to share the knowledge and skills they have spent years learning and perfecting, we ask that you do not copy their workshops or designs and profit from them unless they specify otherwise.
Of course, you are welcome to make and gift an item you learned to make in our workshops, but copyright infringement will not be tolerated. We ask that you do the right thing and develop your original designs if you plan to sell your creations.
We also ask that you credit the designers with their names and links when sharing their work.
This Policy replaces all previous policies and can be replaced or altered at any time.
All Policies are deemed to be accepted by all parties upon enrolment.