Terms and Conditions for Remote Handmaker’s Factory Workshops
By booking a remote workshop with Handmaker’s Factory you are agreeing to the following terms, which automatically enter into the contract between us. Failure to comply with these terms may result in a non-refundable cancellation.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When booking a workshop with Handmaker's Factory please provide us with the following information in your initial email:
- The number of participants. You may request to add extra participants to the workshop, which will incur an extra cost. However, once booked, you may not request a partial refund if the number of participants decreases. The exact number must be confirmed seven days prior to the workshop, so that we have our materials organised. It is very unlikely that we will be able to admit extra participants on the day and we reserve the right to refuse people.
- The date and time. Once your booking is confirmed this cannot be changed (see general T & C's for further info).
- Location, including information about the specific room.
- Access Requirements. We need to be aware of parking, elevators, stairs and security doors.
Please note your obligations:
- Workshops must be held indoors.
- Workshops must be held in a suitable room, not held in a thoroughfare eg. a hallway or vestibule.
- Your venue must have adequate lighting, heating/cooling and ventilation.
- Tables and chairs must be provided and set up by the organiser or venue. Our workshop facilitators are not responsible for the set-up and pack-down of a venue.
- If your venue is carpeted, please provide your own tarps and tablecloths. Our workshop facilitators are not responsible for the set-up and pack-down of these items.
- The workshop must begin at the specified time. If the workshop runs overtime due to circumstances beyond the facilitator’s control you may incur an additional fee.
- The organiser is responsible for providing accurate parking directions, as well as directions to the venue space. You may incur an additional fee if you do not provide these directions and we are delayed.
- Please ensure that yourself or a member of your team are available to escort us from the parking space to the venue. This is particularly important in a venue where keys or keycards are required.
- For larger workshops we request that where possible, you provide additional trolleys. If unsure please discuss this with our helpful staff.
- As the organising party, you are responsible for the behaviour of your team, as well as the workshop participants. Any threats to the workshop facilitator’s safety by the organiser or a participant will result in an immediate non-refundable cancellation.
- Workshop facilitators must have access to a power outlet.
- Workshop facilitators must have access to a sink and running water.
- Workshop facilitators must have access to a restroom.
Liability and Disclaimer:
- If any Handmaker’s Factory equipment is damaged by a workshop participant, the organiser is responsible for that financial loss, and must reimburse Handmaker’s Factory.
- We reserve the right to film or photograph workshops for promotional purposes. If any workshop participant does not consent to this, we will gladly exclude them from the footage.
- You may not photograph or video the workshop without our explicit consent.