Cost:$15.00 – $40.00 per person
Duration:4h 30min – 6h
About this experience
Want to get your craft on but don't have the space or facilities at home? Or maybe you are studying art at school or Uni and would like the space and facilities to work on your projects? Students receive a discount, just show your student ID on arrival.
Sew a garment, work on your clay hand building skills or practice with the pottery wheel, screen print, paint, sit and knit and more! Whatever your craft we'd love to have you join us in the studio.
Join us in the studio, open from 10-4 Tuesday and Friday and Wednesday evenings 4 -8:30pm, and create as much as you like. Please allow yourself adequate time to get set up, work on your projects and enough time to pack up by 4pm. Latest arrival time is 2pm. If we do not have participants in the studio by 2pm we will close the studio at 3pm.
As a multi craft studio we have lots of space and a range of facilities included in the price:
- Light box
- Cutting mats and knives
- Wash out area with pressure washer
- Kitchenette access
- 6m Textile print bench
- Large clean workbench area
- Clay slab roller
- Large clay extruder
- Basic pottery tools
- Screen printing squeegees
- Coating troughs
- Iron and ironing board
- Heat press
- Photography lights
- Induction stoves
- General equipment (bowls, buckets, pots, large spoons, etc)
- Hair dryers
- Library of books
- And more!
Additional charges apply for the use of some equipment and materials:
- Screen Exposure unit (DIY or prepared for you)
- Printers (A4 Inkjet, A3 Inkjet, A4 Laser)
- and more!
Any additional costs will be noted and paid for at the end of your session.
If you require the use of equipment such as a pottery wheel or screen exposure please add a note when booking your session.
Terms & Conditions
- We do not offer teaching/assistance during Open Studio time but we are happy to chat and answer questions if we can.
- Any additional items you use must be noted by the staff for payment at the end of your day in the studio.
- All materials and tools must be purchased, hired or self provided.
- All equipment MUST be cleaned thoroughly after use.
- Please take care when using our equipment and tools. Breakages will incur a cost.
- Wear appropriate clothing and closed toe shoes. Aprons are available.
- Do not leave your valuables unattended. We cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen good.
- Please ensure you are cleaned up before closing time (3pm).
- No clay (or similar materials) down the sink!
- Please be aware that the studio is a busy space with staff working around you.
- Be respectful of others working in the studio and their work. Minimise noise, take phone calls outside and listen to music with headphones.
- Students must show a student ID on arrival.
WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. PLEASE READ OUR Cancellation & Refund Policy. BY BOOKING A WORKSHOP YOU AGREE TO THESE POLICIES.