SEWING FOR COMPLETE BEGINNERS
This course runs for 7 weeks from May 1st.
This course is designed for the very beginner! You will learn the basics of sewing using a set lesson plan and record your results in a folder for future reference.
We will cover basic techniques including how to use a sewing machine and progress to more advanced techniques like gathering and zippers as the weeks go on. You will work on a simple pattern which you will choose in the first week or two.
Once you have finished the course you will have the confidence to move onto sewing from patterns.
Participants will need to bring the following:
- Your sewing machine if you would like to learn how to use it otherwise basic sewing machines are available for use in the workshop
- Sewing tools: pins, fabric scissors, thread, chalk, quick-un-pick, measuring tape
- A spool of thread (not white)
- A notebook and pen
- Fabrics will be required for your project. This will be discussed in week one.
You will receive:
- A workshop lesson plan and folder
WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. PLEASE READ OUR Cancellation & Refund Policy. BY BOOKING A WORKSHOP YOU AGREE TO THESE POLICIES.