ITAJIME SHIBORI SHAPES
Shibori is a traditional Japanese method where cloth is manipulated in various ways. Itajime shibori is a shaped-resist technique. Traditionally, the cloth is sandwiched between two pieces of wood, which are held in place with string. The shapes prevent the dye from penetrating the fabric they cover.
We have discovered wooden blocks need to be replaced after some time and they can also float to the top of the dye bath if using a lightweight timber. Our acrylic shapes can be used again and again without absorbing the dye, they wash clean so can be used for multiple dye uses without leaching old dyes onto your fabrics and they are also heavy enough to sink into the dye bath.
- Laser cut from high quality 3mm thick gloss white acrylic
- Supplied with protective paper on front and back which easily peels off
- Use string, elastic bands, pegs or clamps to hold in place.
- Made in Australia
The following shapes are available:
- Circles set. 1 pair each of 5cm & 7cm
- Squares set. 1 pair each of 5cm & 7cm
- Full circle and square set includes 1 pair each of circles (5cm & 7cm) and squares (5cm & 7cm)
- Equilateral Triangles. 1 pair 8cm sides
- Lunar phases set. Full/waxing/waning/quarter moon shapes. 2 of each. 7cm
Please ensure your postal address is correct and up to date at the time of placing your order.
We offer an Indigo Shibori workshop in our studio. For more details and to book visit our website.