INTRO TO JAPANESE WOODBLOCK PRINTMAKINGMake unique prints!
Cost:$60.00 per person
About this experience
Woodblock printing is one of the oldest printmaking techniques and it’s a simple way to make unique and replicable prints!
In this class, Emilie will teach you everything to get started with block printmaking with the traditional technique of Japanese woodblock. You will learn to design for print, carve, ink and print your first limited edition of print. Through a hands-on approach, you’ll learn the basic principles of printmaking and gain autonomy.
Woodblock is the perfect material to discover relief printmaking and learn to create beautiful hand-prints. Emilie’s classes are fun, engaging and adapted to your level! Complete beginners welcome - no drawing skills required!
What you get :
- A fun introduction to the basics of block printmaking and history of woodblock printing
- Everything you need to start printing in autonomy
- Your own limited edition of prints and your carved block to take home and print more
- Option to buy a kit of material to print from home
What to bring :
- All materials are provided!
- If you have an idea or an image you would like to work on, feel free to bring reference photos or a drawing (square format 10 x 10 cm). Otherwise Emilie will guide you through designing for print, with many examples to take inspiration from.
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. PLEASE READ OUR Cancellation & Refund Policy. BY BOOKING A WORKSHOP YOU AGREE TO THESE POLICIES.