LEARN TO SEW THE CARSON DRESS
The Carson Dress (pattern by Paddle Boat Studio) is a loose fitting knee length dress featuring drop length shoulders and pockets with a choice of long or short sleeves. No fitting required!
This pattern is a great place to start for beginner sewers and a great easy to sew wardrobe staple for the more advanced sewer.
In this workshop you will learn the following:
- How to put together a pdf sewing pattern
- How to take your own measurements and choose the appropriate size
- How to lay out your pattern and cut your fabric
- How to sew your garment together
- How to finish the neckline with bias binding
Participants will need to bring the following on the day:
- Proof of pattern purchase is required. Please purchase the pattern ahead of the workshop from Paddleboat Studio on Etsy. There is no need to print it out for the workshop, patterns will be ready cut for you on the day to provide more time for sewing.
- Your sewing machine/overlocker if you would like to use your own otherwise basic machines are available for use in the workshop
- Sewing tools (i.e. pins, fabric scissors, thread, chalk, quick-un-pick etc)
- Fabric and matching thread for the project, as per the pattern instructions. Requirements will be sent with booking email.
WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. PLEASE READ OUR Cancellation & Refund Policy. BY BOOKING A WORKSHOP YOU AGREE TO THESE POLICIES.