Learn to Weave
Cost:$260.00 per person
About this experience
Learn to weave with a portable and simple loom with materials that you may already have on hand. We have extended this workshop to run the full day (10-3) to allow more time to work on each technique.
What you will learn:
- A brief explanation on the concept of weaving, different types of weaving equipment and the terminologies used
- How to dress the loom (putting warp on a frame loom)
- How to identify what yarn is appropriate for warp and weft
- How to use various techniques to create textures, patterns and colours
- How to weave with a variety of material such as yarn, fabric and fibres
- Finishing technique for your woven piece and how to take it off the loom
You will take home your own handcrafted weaving loom kit, your own woven piece and an instruction sheet with tips and tricks.
Looms and materials are supplied, we have a large selection of yarns available on the day. You may like to bring along scraps of yarn, fabric, fibres, ribbons, beads, etc. that you may want to incorporate into your piece.
If you are unable to attend a workshop but would still like to learn to weave our handcrafted weaving kits are available for purchase separately in our shop.
WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. PLEASE READ OUR Cancellation & Refund Policy. BY BOOKING A WORKSHOP YOU AGREE TO THESE POLICIES.