Pop Art Screen Printing on PaperCreate a limited edition run of pop art prints
Cost:$230.00 per person
About this experience
In this one day workshop you will create a limited edition run of pop art prints on paper using a combination of stencil and photo emulsion screen printing methods. Explore layering, colours, pattern and experimental techniques.
You will take home a selection of screen prints on high quality printmaking paper, ready to be framed as finished artworks.
No experience necessary, there will be help at every step.
What is Pop Art?
Pop art emerged in the 1950's. It draws inspiration from popular and commercial culture.
- Recognisable imagery
- Bright colours
Artists to check out:
- Andy Warhol
- Roy Lichtenstein
- Robert Rauschenberg
- Richard Hamilton
- Evelyne Axell
- Rosalyn Drexler
What to bring
- Wear clothes you don't mind getting ink on.
- Any ideas, pictures or drawings to use as inspiration for your prints.
- You may like to bring your laptop with photoshop installed but it is not required.
- Papers are provided but feel free to bring along any papers you might like to print on.
- A selection of ink colours will be available. If you would like to use particular colours please feel free to bring these to the workshop.
- Please bring your own lunch – fridge, sandwich toaster & microwave available. Or you can visit one of the many local cafes and restaurants.
Screens can be purchased at the end of the workshop if you would like to take them home.
WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. PLEASE READ OUR Cancellation & Refund Policy. BY BOOKING A WORKSHOP YOU AGREE TO THESE POLICIES.