Photo Emulsion Screen PrintingTransfer your own designs to fabric with the art of screen printing.
Cost:$220.00 per person
About this experience
Over this full day intensive workshop, you will be taught the entire step by step process of textile screen printing and everything that it involves. You will get hands on experience with exposing the screens with your own artwork, then printing and heat setting your designs onto fabric. During this course you will learn about designing specifically for screen printing and how to set up at home.
No experience necessary, there will be help at every step. We highly recommend taking our stencil workshop, Learn to Screen Print in a Day! before enrolling in this workshop.
What you will learn
- The basics of emulsion screen printing
- How to prepare and coat your screen
- Basics of textile design and how to create a repeating design then transfer it onto film
- How to expose your screen in the UV exposure unit
- How to wash out your screen to reveal your design
- How to set up your printing area and mix your inks
- How to print your design onto fabric
- How to reclaim the screen
What to bring
- Wear clothes you don't mind getting paint on or an apron.
- Any ideas, pictures or drawings to use as inspiration for your prints.
- Basic calico cotton fabric will be supplied, but feel free to bring along your own fabric, t-shirts, tea towels or tote bags. Light colours work best. Tote bags and linen tea towels are available for purchase when booking or on the day.
- A selection of ink colours will be available which can also be mixed to create new colours. If you would like to use particular colours please feel free to bring these to the workshop.
- Please bring your own lunch (fridge & microwave available) or you can take a short walk to the local cafe's.
Screens can be taken home at the end of the workshop. To do this you must pre-order with your booking. If you do not want to take your screen home you will use one of our in house screens which we will then reclaim at the end of the workshop.
The following can be purchased on the day:
- Cotton tote - $10 EACH
- Linen tea towels - $10 EACH
WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. PLEASE READ OUR Cancellation & Refund Policy. BY BOOKING A WORKSHOP YOU AGREE TO THESE POLICIES.